From 1 April 2015, far-reaching changes to the accountability requirements on registered charities started to take effect. The objective is greater accountability and transparency for charities to ensure public trust and confidence in their activities, fund-raising and governance. For parishes and other registered charities in the Diocese, the new requirements apply to the financial year starting 1 January 2016.
There are two main elements to the new accountability requirements:
- A higher standard of financial disclosure
- A new requirement for non-financial disclosure
On this page are links to guidance on both elements, including worksheets for financial information, a template for non-financial information, copies of slides presented as part of the recent seminars on Changes to Parish Accounting conducted by Lyn Hurring and Yvonne Dowling, as well as a link to Charities Services information.
For further information or any issues, contact Lyn on (03) 474 1994, ext 8 or at [email protected]
- Click here for presentation slides explaining the changes and parish requirements (requires Powerpoint)
- Click here for parish performance report workbook - latest version (requires Excel)
- Click here for a worked example set of parish accounts - financial report only (requires Adobe Acrobat)
- Click here for guide to parish entity information and statement of service performance (requires Word)
- Click here for Charities Services guidance resources