JOB DESCRIPTION FOR FAMILY FAITH FORMATION COORDINATOR
Job title: Family Faith Formation Program Coordinator (18 months with possible renewal)
Purpose: To develop a family-based faith program, rooted in the Gospels and Sacraments, that fosters multi-generational parish communities with a deeper understanding of faith.
· Forming families in faith
· Community building- help families get to know one another.
· To build a foundation of intergenerational families in parishes.
· To foster multicultural family faith connections within parishes.
· To create a program that engages and reaches families where they are at in their faith.
Selection Criteria of personnel:
· Active in a parish community
· Solid grounding in Catholic theology and practice
· Good communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
· An understanding of both children and adult faith formation
· An ability to work independently and within a team
· Self-motivated, creative, and flexible
· An ability to network and obtain formation resources
· Some experience in team leading and volunteer coordination
· Driver license and New Zealand work visa
Job description tasks:
· To pilot a parish-based Family Faith Formation Program for the Catholic Diocese of Dunedin.
·Meet with families in the greater Dunedin area to assess the needs and gather ideas for a suitable program for busy, young families.
· Obtain materials/resources to develop a family faith formation program. It is not expected for the program materials to be written, but rather, for the successful applicant to find resources already available that can be utilized for this purpose.
· Create a team of volunteers to deliver age specific formation session evenings.
· Promote and advertise program to parishes and schools to gain sufficient participants for fortnightly or monthly gatherings.
· Coordinate and deliver fortnightly or monthly family formation gatherings.
· Monthly meeting and report to immediate supervisor
· Annual report to supervisor and Bishop
Work hours and remuneration:
· 7 hours per week
· $25 per hour
· Office space available at Pastoral Centre or flexibility to work from home.
· Pastoral Ministry Coordinator
· Vicar General
· Parish Priests
· Parish Pastoral Workers
Applications close 23rd November. Please send resumé and cover letter to:
Pastoral Ministry Coordinator
Private Bag 1941
or email to: [email protected]